How to Understand and Adapt to the Current Job Market
If you are searching for a job after being off the market for a while, you might be in for a rude awakening. Today’s job search market is very different from the past.
New seekers are often startled to find out how conventions have changed and that what used to work can back fire today. Technology, doing more with less, workplace transformations, new methods of communication, and an aging workforce are elements of today’s job market.
There are still millions of workers and jobs out there. One of those jobs is waiting for you. You may even be delightfully surprised at the number of tools available that will make your job search easier than ever and to show case the “qualified” you.
This session is designed to highlight today’s job market, who the key players are, how they operate, and to provide actionable tips you can use to land successfully. By participating, you will:
- Explore recent workforce transformations and new emerging work options
- Learn the roles of and how to interview with recruiters, human resource officials, and hiring managers
- Discover what happens in the “black hole” of online application systems
- Find free tools to ensure your resume is “spot on”
- Increase your chances of becoming the “ideal” candidate
Individuals need to sign up for the meeting at www.thefeng.org under the Bergen chapter meetings.