Transition Support Members:
Most Transition Support groups are now holding virtual meetings due to the Corona Virus, and will continue doing so until the pandemic ends. This anomaly has created a most unique opportunity to invite speakers from other parts of the Tri-State area to present to your group live via the internet. These speakers, who may like to reach a wider audience, may now seriously consider accepting an invitation to address your group, especially since they can do so from the comfort and convenience of their home or office via WebEx, Zoom, Facebook, or another electronic medium. What once seemed too far away to travel to, is now just a click away.
Group facilitators, take advantage of this unique opportunity to invite some of the Tri-State speakers below to talk to speak with your group in order to obtain fresh new ideas and approaches in tackling the job market.
Also, going forward, when things return to normal, you may want to consider holding simultaneous live in-person and virtual meetings in order to reach as many members as possible. In addition, since all of these virtual meetings are now being telecasted, consider recording them for future use. Especially for members who for some reason or another could not attend the live telecast, but would like to view them at a later date.
Thank you and Stay Healthy,
Speakers Who Presented in New Jersey:
- Looking At 2020 With 20/20 Vision.
- 101 Lessons to Achieve Job Search Success: Defining Your Brand as One That Delivers Irreplaceable Value.
- Preparing for an Interview.
- What Has Worked and What Has Not in Your Job Search.
- Stop Looking for A Job, Start Building A Career
- Positive Transformation and Behavior Changes.
- Recognizing Your Accomplishments.
- Listening Skills Create an Effective Network.
- Work Search Buddies: Finding Success with a Little Help from a Friend.
- Project Planning Your Job Search: A Practical Work Search Methodology.
- Background Checks and References: What are employers learning about you?
- Are You Resistant or Unable to Adapt to Technology Change.
- How to Better Manage the Age Issue.
- Death by Document – the Marketing Resume.
- Strategies for Keeping Your Job: How to be a Good Subordinate.
- How to Introduce Yourself, Crafting the Elevator and 2 Minute Pitch
- Interviewing Basics: What to do Before, During and After Any Interview.
- P-A-R Theory and Use Workshop. The Best Method for Communicating Your Value.
- Why Can’t I Get That Job.
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job.
- LinkedIn: It’s About Being Found.
- Why Are Video Interviews So Important.
- How to Deal with Long Term Unemployment.
- Four Essential Steps to Next Job – Value Proposition for Job Seekers.
The Memory Switch.
- Knock Out Networking: More Prospects, Referrals and Interviews.
- Learning the Language of the Multi-Generational Workplace.
John West Hadley:
- Build Your Interview Skills
- Become a Master Networker.
- The Needs Assessment Interview.
- Land the Job and Pay You Deserve.
- The 5 C’s of an Effective Marketing Message.
- How Do You Measure Your Job Search Success
- Coping with the Strain of Your Search on Relationships.
- LinkedIn: Beyond Your Profile.
- LinkedIn Comes to Praise Your Resume, Not Bury It.
- Throw the LinkedIn Switch: Every Setting You Need for Your Job Search.
- The Marketing Magic of a Rock-Solid Value Proposition.
- Selling Yourself.
- Your Bad Attitude is Like a Flat Tire. Unless You Change it, You Won’t Get Very Far.
Hanan M. Isaacs:
- Essential Principles of Employment Law for Workers or Those in Transition.
- Getting a Grip on Your Career, Wiser Choices.
- Selling Yourself: A Study in the Best Approach to Interviews, Negotiations and Sales.
- Who Are You.
- Networking vs. Not-Working
- Secrets Recruiters Don’t Want You to Know.
- Top 10 Steps to Employability – What They Are and Why They Matter.
- Success for the Seasoned Search, The Benefit of Being Overqualified
- Going Undercover: Revealing the Deep Dark Secrets of The Recruiting World.
- Developing Your Master Resume.
- Cover Letters/Thank You Letters: The Underutilized Job Search Tools.
- How to use LinkedIn… From an Expert.
- Keeping Up with the Latest LinkedIn Changes.
Manage Stress and Bring Your Best Energy During Your Job
- In Transition, Now What Do I Do?
- AGEISM: The Elephant in the Room.
- Getting Interviews through Successful Networking.
- Stepping Out of the Crowd: Making a Powerful Elevator Pitch.
- What’s Your Story.
- Burning My Resume
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Our Personal Styles (Myers Briggs).
- How to Use Networking for Your Job Search.
- Career Transition and Finding Your Voice.
- Resume Writing and Interview Tips.
- Make LinkedIn Work for You.
Ana McCarthy and Peggy Pascale:
- Digging to the Core: Understanding and Bringing Your Best Self to the Interview.
- The Future of Work, How will you Keep Pace.
- Does Social Media Really Matter for the Job Seeker.
- Mindfulness in Leadership and Life.
Debbie Pavlo and Robin Cooney:
- Workshop on Resume and LinkedIn Tips and Tricks.
- How to Create Your LinkedIn Profile to Generate 6-Figure Job Interviews Faster.
- How to Design a Powerful Resume to Land Six-Figure Job Interviews and Get the Offer.
- Mediocre to Magnificent.
- Answering the Salary Question.
- Reach Out and Touch Someone.
- Chicken Soup for the Job Seeker’s Soul.
- What’s my Line? Canned or Not – You Have Got to be You.
- Ideas to Restore Hope in the Process of the JOB SEARCH…add a Little Magic.
- Who Am I Anyway?
Tamarra Causley Robinson:
- How to Deal with the Impact of a Job Loss on Family and Relationships
- Networking 101.
- How to Work as a Consultant.
- Uncovering the Hidden Job Market.
- What Do You Do When You Can’t Do What You Do Anymore?
- Four Lessons from (Almost) 40 Years With IBM.
- SMART Moves.
- Staying Motivated
- Galvanize into Action.
- The Proactive Job Hunter.
- The Hustle Success Factor.
- The Five Habits of Highly Effective Job Hunters.
- How to Handle Difficult Interview Challenges.
- Surviving and Thriving After a Job Loss When You’re +/- 50 Years-Old.
- Body Language for Job Seekers.
- Ace the Interview
- Overcoming Challenges and Assumptions in Your Job Search.
- Preparing for the Job Hunt.
- Kick Start Your Job Search.
- Financial Decisions to Make During a Job Transition.
Speakers Who Presented at The New York Science, Industry and Business Library:
- Owning Your Power in Your Career….It’s Yours for the Taking.
- Envisioning, Declaring, and Pursuing Your True Career Passion.
- Upping My Game and Embracing Change…Time to Make That Career Change.
- The Ultimate Confidence Building Workshop….Being Fully Aligned in Your Career.
- Re-Energizing Your Job Search
- Handling Difficult Interview Questions.
- How to Turn Job Interviews into Offers.
- Building a Great Resume and Cover Letter.
- Resume Renovation.
- Charting Your Career Transition.
- The Self-Recruiter Interview Checklist.
- Preparing Your Career Narrative for a New Industry.
- Building Your Professional Network with LinkedIn and How to Use It in Your Job Search.
- What is and where is hiding the Hidden Job Market.
- An Interviewing State of Mind.
- Making First Impressions During the Interview Process
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Marketing Yourself on Your Resume and LinkedIn.
- Your Job Search is a Full Time Job: How to Manage Your Job Search.
- Learn How to Break into the Data Science and Analytics Careers.
Dr. Amy Geffen:
- Finding the Hidden Job Market.
- Overcoming Ageism in Your Job Search.
Marc W. Halpert:
- LinkedIn for Performing Artists.
- How the Heck Do I xyz on LinkedIn?
- Planning and Organizing a Job Search Campaign.
- Resume Intensive – Craft A Message that Lands Interviews.
- Become the Perfect Candidate: Tap into the Hidden Job Market.
- Your Resume vs. Your LinkedIn Profile – What You Need to Know.
- The Future Is Now: Creating Your Career in Cybersecurity.
- Overcoming Career Obstacles
- Marketing Yourself with Confidence.
- Stepping Stones for Success.
- Who Are You and What Are You Supposed to Be Doing with Your Life.
- Staying Motivated Throughout the Job Search Process: How Losing Your Job is a Good Thing.
- Strengthen Your Resume.
- Keep the Momentum Going.
- Thinking of a Career Change.
- Elevator Pitch — Don’t Wing It.
- Creating a Memorable LinkedIn Summary.
- Nailing the Interview with Problem-Action-Results Stories.
Teresa San Roman and Marzena Ermler:
- Job Search Planning and Tips for Mature Workers.
Renee Lee Rosenberg:
- Ace the Interview.
- Older Workers Rock: Job Search Over 50 Plus.
- Be Your Promise: Staying Positive During a Difficult Job Search.
- Strategies to Create a Positive Job Search No Matter What Your Age.
- Your Resume Made Simple.
- Career Management for Introverts.
- Making Your Job Campaign a Success
- Refreshing Our Approach to Networking.
- Claim Your Power in the Interview Game.
- Pitch Perfect – Introducing Yourself Made Easy.
- Reigniting Your Job Campaign in the New Year.
- Figuring Out What You Want to Do and How to Get it.
- Organizing Your Job Campaign for Success and Sanity.
- How to use LinkedIn for Research and to Advertise Yourself.
- Master Your Stories to Master Your Career: Develop Your Brand, Share Your Story
- The Strategic Resume: How to Make Your Resume Serve You and Get the Meeting.
- Wow Them with Your Accomplishments: Learn How to Tell the Stories that Sell You.
- Creating Resumes and Cover Letters That Work.
Speakers Who Presented in New York:
- The Four Horsemen of Corporate America.
- Job Search in an Agile World.
- Mastering the Art of Follow Up.
Speakers Who Presented in Pennsylvania:
- Consult or Not to Consult, Making Transition to Consulting.
Cheryl Clark Bonner:
- Ten Tips for Being Proactive and Productive During Your Career Transition.
Dr. Michael Brenner:
- How to Ace the Interview and Get the Job.
- Networking for Career Change.
- Brand You – Design Your Professional Image.
Warren S. Cook:
- The Power of Differentiation.
- Effective Interviewing Tips and Techniques.
Glenna Crooks – PhD:
- Don’t Network. Work Your Networks.
- Emotional Impact of Job Loss and Job Search.
- Ways to Improve Your Chances of Being Selected for A Job.
William “Casey” Fehl:
- A Salespersons Approach to Job Hunting.
- Reinvent and Redefine Yourself in Your New Journey.
- Why Personal Brand.
- Networking: The Good, The Bad, and The Uncomfortable.
- How to Ace the Interview.
- Being Future Strong.
- The Digital Job Search.
- Maximize Performance. Stop Communicating and Start Connecting.
Swimming the English Channel – It Isn’t About the Swimming.
- Finding Fulfilling Employment after Fifty.
- Thought Leadership for Career Development.
- Understanding Your Options for The Future.
- Future of Resumes.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Resumes.
- Responses to Interview Questions Designed to Destroy You.
- Overcoming Age Discrimination.
- Mastering the Art of Networking
- Brand Power – Influence and Engage for Career Opportunities.
Steven Van Valine:
- How to leverage Your Values to Get the Job You’ll Love.
- Savvy Organizations View Their Culture as a Strategic Advantage.
Lynne M. Williams:
- Beating the Applicant Tracking System.
- Strategic Research-Based Approaches for LinkedIn.
- What’s YOUR Shtick? Personal Branding Online and Offline.
- Tell Me About Yourself: How Your Stories Support Your Brand.
- Value Proposition 3.0, a 21st Century Answer to Why You.
- Brand Power, Influence and Engage for Career Opportunities.
Speakers Who Presented in Connecticut:
Stacey Ross Cohen:
- Be the Brand to Achieve Career Success.
- How About – Elevate Your Career by Conquering Your Mindset.
- Skills and Talent.
- Target Your Search and Dream Job.
- Saga of a Job Search.
- Ending Sweaty Palms and Awkward Answers, a Better Way of Preparing for Job Interviews.