- This event has passed.
So, Tell Me About Yourself
Monday, December 28, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
THIS IS A VIRTUAL MEETING. To participate go to this link:
You know it’s coming. Your anxiety is increasing, the pressure is on, your mind is racing and then you hear those dreaded words, “So, tell me about yourself.”
Now what? You can’t figure out what the interviewer is really asking let alone what the “right answer” should be. You might not be the perfect fit and don’t want to reveal your weaknesses. You don’t know how much detail to provide or how much of your life should be shared. Should you focus on your experience, skills, or something else?
Such a simple request, but one fraught with peril. The air that was sucked out the room slowly returns while your panic escalates, and you still are fumbling for a response.
Now imagine that you actually looked forward to having this be your first interview question. It is the question that can be a “make” or “break” and set the tone for the rest of your interview.
In this seminar, you will:
- Learn where the power lies behind this question
- Understand the hiring manager’s motivations behind this question
- Examine what “influence” is and how best to use it during an interview
- Review common mistakes in answering this question
- Learn the 5 easy steps to mastering this question