How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job
Monday, July 22 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
LinkedIn has become an increasingly important vehicle for those conducting a job search these days. Just consider some of the following statistics to understand just how important LinkedIn can be.
- Over 138 million people, or 62% of individuals who are considered “employable” in the US are on LinkedIn.
- An estimated 44,000 job applications are submitted via LinkedIn on a daily basis.
- About 85% of recruiters say they use LinkedIn to find candidates for jobs they are seeking to fill.
- At least 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to vet job candidates.
This presentation is for everyone who might, at some point in time, find themselves looking for a new position. It will provide tips on how to best structure and design a LinkedIn profile for maximum impact and will also provide tips on the best ways to utilize your LinkedIn contacts so that you might network with hiring managers and recruiters to gain access to the job you desire.
During this session, you will:
- Understand the importance of keywords to manage your profile and they can attract Human Resources and recruiters.
- Learn tips on how to determine which keywords are the most important for your unique job search.
- See best practice techniques for networking your way into a conversation with hiring managers.
- With LinkedIn gaining even more popularity by hiring companies it is import for candidates to have an understanding of how to best use this important job search tool to their advantage. This presentation addresses a multitude of tips and can help any candidate improve pre-interview networking techniques by using LinkedIn.