“Tell me,…Elevator Pitch,..Value Prop”?
Are you overlooked for positions?
Ever feel the hiring manager just “didn’t get you”?
Do you dread the “tell me about yourself” question?
Getting ahead is often the result of getting a leg up, especially in a job search or in advancing in one’s career. If you no longer want to be viewed as “one of the pack” but as a unique, sought-after candidate, this seminar is for you.
You know yourself. The challenge is how to communicate who you are in a way that differentiates you from your competition quickly and concisely. Fortunately, there are three types of communication that can create important, strategic advantages for you: 1) the “tell me about yourself” question, 2) the elevator pitch, and 3) the value proposition.
Every interaction is an opportunity to position yourself as the only candidate who should be considered. Too often, the “tell me about yourself” and elevator pitch are often viewed as warm-up or insignificant exchanges of pleasantries – a huge mistake!
You have the ability to shine whether you have 15 seconds or 15 minutes and this seminar will show you how. You will examine the nuances behind communication exchanges and experience how small tweaks can greatly increase the impact of your direct and indirect communications with hiring managers. You will be able to identify the nuances of what is required for effective communications and which communication tool is best in different situations. Plus, a step-by-step template will be provided for each of the 3 tools so that you can create your own compelling communications.
In this seminar, you will:
- Discover the hidden intent behind the “tell me about yourself” question
- Understand the purpose of and differences between tell me about yourself, the elevator pitch, and value proposition
- Identify how and when to use each to your advantage
- Be able to create an engaging “tell me about yourself” response, elevator pitch, and value proposition
- Be able to communicate who you are concisely and effectively
- Interact with others confidently and outshine your competition