- This event has passed.
Learn to Re-enter the Job Market – Course #180 Princeton Adult School
March 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We meet on the following Tuesdays: March 7,14, 21, 28 and April 4 $110
Use this link to enroll:
Objectives, Career Plan, Strategy
This five-part series is designed to provide a roadmap for any one re-entering the job market – even those who may be seeking a new position for the first time in many years, a career change, a promotion or those wanting to develop their professional identity.
Alex Freund, also known as “The Landing Expert,” will share the market’s newest strategies and tactics that can shorten your search to landing timeline.
A framework will be provided enabling you to develop your personal toolkit week by week. You will examine the job search process from the hiring manager’s point of view and how to present your best self on paper and in person. You will identify short-term and long-term actions to meet your desired goal.
Each session will show case today’s most effective tools and techniques for break-through results. All sessions are highly interactive and include the opportunity to practice newly learned skills including answering challenging interview questions.
By attending this first session on Objectives, Career Plan, Strategy, you will:
- Get grounded in the job search process
- Analyze the construct of a compelling introduction
- Examine the hiring manager’s priorities
- Evaluate your value proposition
- Create a powerful introduction
By attending this second session on Networking, you will:
- Understand what networking is and isn’t
- Identify spheres of opportunity
- Learn how to comfortably network with any one
- Set yourself up for success in every interaction
- Practice and overcome your nervousness
By attending this third session on The Resume and LinkedIn, you will:
- Examine hiring from the other side of the desk
- Learn why you don’t need a resume to become a candidate
- Separate the facts from the fluff
- Compare blah to outstanding LinkedIn profiles
- Identify the key components missing in your profile to ensure you shine vs. the competition
By attending this fourth session on Communication, you will:
- Key in on keywords
- Formulate why “you” are the best candidate for the position
- Study hidden and non-hidden communications and behaviors
- Delve into the merits of available communication channels
- Recognize that communication is more than skin deep
- Practice interview skills
By attending this fifth session on Compensation Negotiations & Wrap Up, you will:
- See that there’s always room to negotiate beyond the offer
- Recognize that negotiations are merely a dance
- Identify tools to empower you during the negotiation process
- Examine what’s negotiable
- Learn how to negotiate the best deal for you